International telecommunication Union (ITU) in collaboration with the A.S. Popov Odessa national academy of telecommunications (A.S. Popov ONAT) of the Ministry of education and science of Ukraine organize the Regional Seminar for countries of the CIS “Strategic and political aspects of humane use of telecommunications / ICT” to be held in Odessa, Ukraine, on March 19-21, 2014.
The seminar is intended for representatives of ministries and departments, regulators, medical institutions, telecommunication companies, higher and secondary educational institutions, manufacturers of telecommunication equipment and other interested organizations of Member-States, Sector-Members and Associates Members ITU.
The seminar will cover the following issues:
- strategies and policies related to human exposure to electromagnetic fields;
- strategies and methods to raise awareness of the population on the possible impact of telecommunications / ICT to health;
- using ICT to monitor the use of natural resources;
- organization of ecological monitoring with the use of telecommunications / ICT;
- impact of telecommunication / ICT on human health (including the health of students, while applying ICT into education);
- strategies and policies for the recycling and reuse of waste telecommunications / ICT;
- the role of regulators in ensuring the humane use of telecommunications / ICT, both in relation to man and to the environment.
The seminar will be attended by leading specialists in this area, the staff of the ITU, telecommunication companies, research institutes and educational institutions from countries of the CIS. Language of the seminar is Russian.
The Seminar will be paperless. All the Seminar materials and information can be downloaded from the ITU site: www.itu.int/ITU-D/, as well as from the A.S. Popov ONAT site: http://seminar.onat.edu.ua/ .
No registration fee will be required. Please note that participants shall cover their own travel and accommodation expenses.
I am also pleased to inform you that one full or two partial fellowships per administration will be awarded, subject to available funding, to facilitate participation of Low Income Developing Countries. An application for a fellowship must be authorized by the relevant Administration of the ITU Member State. In this regard, we kindly ask you to fill out the attached Fellowship Request Form (Annex 6) and send it to the ITU Fellowship Service by fax: +41 22 730 57 78 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 22 February 2014.
In order to confirm your participation, you are kindly invited to fill out the attached Registration Form (Annex 2) and send it to the contacts persons indicated on the form no later than 10 March 2014.
For additional information and clarifications, please contact Mr Andrei Untila, Programme Officer, ITU Area Office for the CIS, e-mail: email@example.com, Tel.: +7 495 926 6070, Fax: +7 495 926 6073; and Mrs Irina Politova, Head of Scientific Research Department, Tel.: +38 048 705 0384, Tel/Fax: +38 048 705 0305, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
|1. Draft Program.|
|2. Registration Form.|
|3.Requirements for the Execution of Presentations.|
|5. Venue Information.|
|6. Fellowship Request Form.|
|7. Visa Support Form.|
ONAT © 2013