International Telecommunication Union (ITU) pleased to invite you to participate in the Regional Workshop for CIS “Mobile Payments: The Issues and Prospects for the Development”, which is organized by the Telecommunication Development Bureau in cooperation with the Intervale CJSC, Russian Federation, Odessa National Academy of Telecommunications (ONAT) n.a. A.Popov, Ukraine, and with support of Mobey Forum International Non-commercial Association. The Workshop is organized within the framework of the implementation of the CIS Regional Initiative approved by the 2010 World Telecommunication Development Conference (WTDC-10, Hyderabad, India). It will be held in Baku, Republic of Azerbaijan, from 14 to 16 October 2014 at the kind invitation of the Ministry of Communications and High Technologies of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The workshop is intended for representatives of ministries and departments, regulators, telecommunication companies, higher and secondary educational institutions, manufacturers of telecommunication equipment, medical institutions and other interested organizations of Member-States, Sector-Members and Associates Members ITU.
The workshop will cover the following issues:
- overview of the state of development of the ICT in the CIS countries;
- recommendations of international organizations and the experience of industrialized countries on organizational and technical development of the ICT;
- the role of the state and legal regulation of the ICT in the CIS countries;
- problems of organizational (including licensing and tariffs) and technical (including interactions between networks of different operators and infrastructure sharing) regulation of the ICT in the CIS countries;
- technical, organizational and procedural aspects of the detection and prevention of cybercrime, as well as the Child Online Protection;
- organizational and technical problems in providing the humane usage of ICT;
- capacity building for the development of ICT through intensification of implementation in education.
The workshop will be attended by leading specialists in indicated areas, the staff of the ITU, telecommunication companies, research development institutes and educational institutions from countries of the CIS and other industrialized countries. Languages of the workshop are Russian and English. Simultaneous translation is provided.
The workshop will take place without the usage of materials in paper form. All workshop materials, including presentations will be available after the event on the ITU website at the following address: www.itu.int/ITU-D/, as well as from the O.S. Popov ONAT website: http://seminar.onat.edu.ua/.
The workshop does not involve fees for participation. Please note that participants shall cover their own travel and accommodation expenses.
I am also pleased to inform you that ITU will provide a limited number of countries (low income countries) one full (or partial 2) fellowship on administration that covers airfare, accommodation and terminal expenses.
Candidates applying for scholarships must be approved by the relevant Communications Administration. On the candidates nominated by Your administration for the scholarship, you must complete the application form for the scholarship (Annex 6) and send it to the ITU Fellowship Service by email email@example.com or by fax +41 22 730 57 78 no later than August 17, 2015.
In order to confirm Your participation, please fill in the registration form (Annex 2) and send it in shape specified in the contact information no later than September 14, 2015.
For additional information and clarifications, please contact Mr Andrei Untila, Programme Officer, ITU Area Office for the CIS, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel.: +7 495 926 6070,
Fax: +7 495 926 6073; and Mrs Irina Politova, Head of Research Development Department,Tel.: +38 048 705 0384, Tel/Fax: +38 048 705 0305, e-mail: email@example.com.
|2. Registration Form|
|3. Requirements for the execution of presentations|
|4. Recommended hotels|
|5. Venue information|
|6. Request for a fellowship|
|7. Visa support form|
ONAT © 2013