International telecommunication Union (ITU) in collaboration with the A.S. Popov Odessa national academy of telecommunications (A.S. Popov ONAT) of the Ministry of education and science of Ukraine organize the Regional Seminar for countries of the CIS “Strategic and political aspects of humane use of telecommunications / ICT” to be held in Odessa, Ukraine, on March 19-21, 2014.
The seminar is intended for representatives of ministries and departments, regulators, medical institutions, telecommunication companies, higher and secondary educational institutions, manufacturers of telecommunication equipment and other interested organizations of Member-States, Sector-Members and Associates Members ITU.
The seminar will cover the following issues:
- strategies and policies related to human exposure to electromagnetic fields;
- strategies and methods to raise awareness of the population on the possible impact of telecommunications / ICT to health;
- using ICT to monitor the use of natural resources;
- organization of ecological monitoring with the use of telecommunications / ICT;
- impact of telecommunication / ICT on human health (including the health of students, while applying ICT into education);
- strategies and policies for the recycling and reuse of waste telecommunications / ICT;
- the role of regulators in ensuring the humane use of telecommunications / ICT, both in relation to man and to the environment.
The seminar will be attended by leading specialists in this area, the staff of the ITU, telecommunication companies, research institutes and educational institutions from countries of the CIS. Language of the seminar is Russian.
ONAT © 2013