International Telecommunication Union (ITU) pleased to invite you to participate in the Regional Workshop for CIS “Mobile Payments: The Issues and Prospects for the Development”, which is organized by the Telecommunication Development Bureau in cooperation with the Intervale CJSC, Russian Federation, Odessa National Academy of Telecommunications (ONAT) n.a. A.Popov, Ukraine, and with support of Mobey Forum International Non-commercial Association. The Workshop is organized within the framework of the implementation of the CIS Regional Initiative approved by the 2010 World Telecommunication Development Conference (WTDC-10, Hyderabad, India). It will be held in Baku, Republic of Azerbaijan, from 14 to 16 October 2014 at the kind invitation of the Ministry of Communications and High Technologies of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
This Workshop is addressed to representatives of ministries, telecommunications and finance regulators, banks and financial institutions, telecommunications operators, universities specialized in economics and telecommunications, manufacturers of telecommunication equipment and software developers in the sphere of mobile payments, as well as other stakeholders of the ITU Member States, Sector Members and Associates from the CIS and Georgia. A separate invitation will be sent to the ministries of finance and economic development.
This Workshop is aimed at presentation of the results of the implementation of the CIS Regional Initiative approved by WTDC-10 and adaptation of the Recommendations on Mobile Payment Development in the CIS. In particular, the Workshop will cover the following issues:
- Activities of the International Telecommunication Union in the field of service development on the basis of mobile devises;
- Review of the development of mobile payments in different regions of the world, including CIS;
- The role of the state and legal and regulatory framework for the development of mobile payment systems;
- Technical and organizational aspects of the building and operation of mobile payment systems;
- Use of open communication systems on the basis of mobile networks for provision of services in the sphere of e-government, e-medicine, learning and authentification;
- Methods of popularization of mobile banking in developing countries;
- The issues of specialist training for development and maintenance of mobile banking systems;
- Recommendations for choice of architecture and technical platform for building of mobile payment systems at the local and national level;
- Recommendations on development of mobile payment in the CIS.
The Workshop will be conducted in Russian.
The Workshop will be paperless. All the Workshop materials, including presentations, will be available on the ITU website: http://itu.int/en/ITU-D/Regional-Presence/CIS/Pages/ITU-Regional-Workshop-for-CIS-on-Mobile-Payments.aspx.
Please note that there is no participation fee for this event. However, all expenses related to the travel, accommodation and insurance of participants should be covered by your Administration/Organization.
If you wish to participate, please fill out the Registration Form (Annex 2) and send it as indicated in the form by 29 September 2014.
Should you require any further information or need clarifications please do not hesitate to contact Mr Andrei Untila, Programme Officer, ITU Area Office for the CIS, tel.: +7(495)926-60-70, fax: +7(495)926-60-73, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; or Ms. Sabina Akhmadova, Chief Coordinator for Work with CIS and Israel, Department of International Relations, Ministry of Communications and High Technologies of the Republic of Azerbaijan, tel.: +994 12 493 21 63, fax: +994 12 598 09 99, email: Internationalemail@example.com.
|2. Registration Form|
|3. Practical Information|
|4. Visa Support Form|
|5. Hotel Reservation Form|
ONAT © 2013